How to Take Care of Your Hat
- DON'T store your hat with all its weight resting on its brim.
- DON'T store your hat in a place with high humidity such as a bathroom or basement
- DO store your hat on a foam head, a tall glass bottle, or similar object to support the hat. (Foam heads are best.)
- DO store your hat someplace dry. It may help to run a dehumidifier nearby if you typically have very humid weather
The trick to keeping your hat in tip-top shape is support and dryness. Strain and moisture will cause your hat to wilt. Stuff some plastic shopping bags up in the tail section to help support the shape. If you have a very large brim make sure it also is supported. Basically make a comfy supportive nest for your hat to rest on.
- DON'T wear your hat outside in the rain, snow, or any other sort of precipitation. Your hat has some water resistance (so accidents are okay) but it is not waterproof.
- DON'T apply waterproofing spray to your hat. In the past I have suggested using Never Wet to waterproof hats, but I no longer recommend it because hats sprayed with NeverWet or any other water proofing agent are not eligible for my free reblocking program.
- DON'T panic if your hat warps or loses its shape. Even with the best-of-care this can happen. I offer free reblocking, which means if you send me the hat I will give it back its shape and make it just like new again. All you have to do is pay for shipping. Check out the reblocking program page for details.